Burlington will provide an active programme for careers guidance in Sixth Form, looking at all the options available to support our pupils and their decisions.
Most students will commence a one day a week work experience placement, fully supported by the school. Such experience will be tailored to your preferred career choices and give you a further insight into future pathways. These placements are regularly visited by our staff to ensure that the placement is working well.
Work placements will be organised through our work experience coordinator and Head of Sixth Form, but we are able to make allowances for private placements if the pupil has a particular interest in mind.
We offer additional support including:
- 1:1 careers advice and guidance
- Mock interviews to practice key
- Opportunities to visit UCAS/ Higher
- Visiting speakers to encourage and inspire
- Support for personal statements and CVs
- Access to Unifrog